Monday, April 27, 2015

Maraschino Oats



Base Ingredients:
1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/3 cup Cherry Man Maraschino Cherries (in their juice)
1/4 cup low-fat yogurt (Greek Suggested...plain for a tart taste...vanilla for sweet)
1 teaspoon dried chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (Gluten Free)
HINT: If you use VANILLA (Greek) Yogurt you can eliminate the added vanilla flavoring

Variations:
Substitute 1/3 cup milk of your choice and add ½ cup berries of your choice for the Maraschino Cherries

Instructions:
Combine the ingredients in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator to set over night. You can eat the breakfast at home or take it with you to eat once you get to work!


HINT: California is in a severe drought. When I make this recipe just for myself, I create this recipe in the container in which I will eat it to save water! If you multiply the recipe you can put it in individual serving containers or use a large container for people to serve out a portion they wish.

Time Needed:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Refrigerate: Overnight


Serving Suggestions:
I like a warm breakfast so I took mine out of the refrigerator the minute I woke up and it was near room temperature when I ate it!
Add diced nuts and/or dried fruit. I added raw almonds, dried pineapple, and dried cherries.
Include a cup of tea - Ginger would be a great option.