I am always looking for new recipes. I hydrated some white beans and found a few recipes that I decided to combine to make a new dish with some of the ingredients I had on hand.
You can use canned beans for this recipe rather than dry beans that you hydrate and prepare. If you use canned beans, make sure to drain the can and rinse the beans.
- 4 cups of white beans
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP fennel seeds
- 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 TBSP thyme
- (optional 1/2 tbsp rosemary too)
- 1/2 onion diced (I used a sweet onion) To add color, add a red onion
- 6 garlic cloves crushed and diced
- spinach or chard (I used 1/2 package of fresh baby spinach that I rinsed and patted dry)
- olive oil ... just enough so nothing sticks to the pan
- Heat olive oil, garlic, onion, and spices in the pan
- Add greens, beans, and broth
- Stir and allow to simmer (covered) until most liquid is cooked down