Tikka Masala can be enjoyed Gluten Free and Vegan.
- olive oil ... just enough so nothing sticks
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (fire roasted or with peppers added)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
Saute onion, garlic, ginger, and garam masala in olive oil until onions are translucent
Add can of tomatoes, broth, and lentils. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and cover.
Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add the coconut milk. Start with 1/2 a can. Add the full can if the extra liquid is needed (based on personal preference and how absorbent the lentils are).