Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gluten Free 6 Ingredient (Pea)NUT Butter Cookies

I appreciate a healthy sweet treat from time to time. I like it when the treat is simple to make and simple to clean up! The 6 ingredient nut butter cookies can be made quickly and last days in an airtight container.

I usually double the recipe...peanut butter is something that goes over well in my home.


BASE INGREDIENTS:
1 cup NUT BUTTER - pick the flavor you prefer ... homemade or store bought ... creamy or chunky
1/2 cup SUGAR
1 EGG - I prefer free range/cage free
1/2 cup FLAX SEED
1 TBSP VANILLA
1/2 cup chopped DATES (I get my dates from Futterman Farms)

VARIATIONS:
Swap almond flavor for vanilla
Swap dried fruit for dates - or combine dates and dried fruit

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine ingredients in a stand up mixer
3. Use your hand to roll cookies into balls of approximately equal size
4. Place balls on un-greased cookie sheet about 2 fingers distance apart
5. Take a fork and lightly press it into top of ball both horizontally and vertically
6. Cook 10-15 minutes depending on size of cookies
7. When done, let cool so they hold their shape when picked up!