Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Homemade PeaNUTbutter

One of my favorite kitchen appliances is my VITAMIX. I LOVE to make homemade NUT BUTTERS. I often say, if I am stranded on an island I will be fine if I have peanut butter and a spoon!

Homemade NUT butters are wonderful! You can control the taste!

BASE RECIPE:
3 cups of NUTS


You can use roasted, salted, raw...your choice!
I have mixed nuts...1 cup each peanut, cashew, and almond


I have tried this recipe with peanuts, cashews, almonds, and walnuts.

I have tried both roasted and raw. The roasted turn out just a bit creamier and the taste is just a bit stronger.

Instructions:
Put the three cups of nuts in the VITAMIX
Use the plunger to press down the nuts so they contact the blade
Move quickly...side to side...this process should take 1-2 minutes...you do not want the Vitamix to overheat.
When done, put into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.


Shown below: Peanut butter and bananas on a rice cake...a gluten free treat or breakfast!