Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Protein Pancakes with Plum Chia Preserves

I love real simple food. Recipes that are easy to make and contain ingredients that can easily be pronounced are ones I tend to cook time after time.

My protein pancakes is a recipe that I make 2 to 3 times a week. I make a few changes each time I make them to keep the recipe fresh and to continue to find subtle nuances to perfect the dish. This recipe serves 1 person. It can be multiplied if cooking for more people. I prefer the pancakes fresh but they do reheat very well.



These protein pancakes were made using the following ingredients:
2 LARGE RIPE bananas
2 Eggs
¼ TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Cinnamon
¼ cup Ground Flaxseed Meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
2 TBSP Gluten Free Protein Powder
Walnut Oil - or Oil of your choice (for the pan)

Instructions:
1. Whisk together the eggs, cinnamon, and baking powder
2. Add the bananas and mash with a fork to incorporate
3. Warm a pan to medium high heat with 2 TBSP Oil
4. Add a soup ladle full of batter to the pan…3 fit in my pan
5. Flip when bubbles form in the center (about 3 minutes on each side)
6. Use spatula to flatten when you flip so center is cooked evenly
7. Serve and enjoy!


Toppings:
I made Plum Chia Preserves … a variation of my Berry Chia Jam.
OR add a combination of nuts, powdered sugar, and/or dried fruit if you wish along with honey.