Friday, June 26, 2015

Gluten Free Canadian Bacon Quiche

I used my Gluten Free Quiche Recipe and made a few changes. The quiche was going to be a served for dinner with a desert of Pot du Creme...the recipe and pictures to come!


Base Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups milk (I use Almond Milk)
1 ½ cup shredded cheese (I used 1 cup of shredded cheddar blend and 1 cup of Italian blend)
2-3 cups vegetables (I used 1 green bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/4 a small onion)
1 cup Canadian Bacon diced into small cubes


Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cut the vegetables into small pieces with a knife or mandolin
Combine the eggs, milk, and vegetables in a pan
Spray a pie plate with oil and add bread crumbs (I used Ian's Gluten Free Panko Bread Crumbs)to line the bottom of the pie plate
Bake for 45 - 60 minutes … or until knife comes out clean.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.

HINT: Slide a knife around edge of pan to get the quiche to slide out without sticking!


Serve with a size salad, side of vegetables, or Gluten Free roll.