Saturday, May 2, 2015

PB&J Protein Bites

My PB Protein Bites are a go to snack. If friends stop over unexpectedly I can make a batch in 5 minutes and put them in the refrigerator to set for 15-20 minutes and they are ready to enjoy.

This satisfying finger food just got better…with the addition of JELLY. After all, Peanut Butter is just a little lonely without his sidekick JELLY. I played with my PB Protein Bites recipe to unite the pair. I hope you enjoy.


Instructions

PB Protein Bites Base Recipe Ingredients:
1 Cup Oatmeal (DRY)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Ground Flax Seed Meal
1/3 cup Honey (or sugar)
1 tsp Vanilla

I CHANGED TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THIS RECIPE:


PB&J Protein Bites Base Recipe Ingredients:

1 Cup Oatmeal (DRY)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Ground Flax Seed Meal
2 TBSP Vanilla Flavored Gluten Free Protein Powder
1 tsp Vanilla

Jelly Glaze Ingredients:

2 TBSP World of Chia Fruit Spread (I used Blackberry)
1 TBSP Coconut Oil



Instructions:
1. Combine Base recipe ingredients in one bowl (stir until mixed) and combine the Jelly glaze ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk them to incorporate.
2. Use your hands to create small balls (I made golf ball sized but you can customize to fit your taste).
3. Take the PB Protein Bites and roll one side in the Jelly.
4. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
5. After about 15 minutes they will be ready. They will stay fresh for up to 10 days in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator.


Options:
Use any nut butter
Substitute a different Chia Jelly ... use a flavor you crave!